Tuesday 18 March 2014

The NFL Is Quietly Suing M.I.A and Her Middle Finger for $16.6 Million

The National Football League has ramped up its lawsuit against musician M.I.A., seeking $16.6 million in damages after she flashed her middle finger at the camera during the 2012 Super Bowl halftime show.
M.I.A. took to her Twitter account where she linked to the Hollywood Reporter, which first reported the news.
She also posted a picture of the complaint, in which she said the NFL proposed to take a percentage of M.I.A.'s income in addition to the other damages.
The NFL had been seeking $1.5 million for breach of contract, but recently added another $15 million for the value of the two-minutes of screen time that M.I.A. received. That amount is based on how much advertisers had paid for spots during the game.
During a performance that featured Madonna and also included Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. gestured toward the camera at the end of a verse she performed in the song "Give Me All Your Luvin'." The move prompted 222 FCC complaints.


No comments:

Post a Comment